The Financial Aid Office is required by the U.S. Department of Education to verify files for applicants selected for verification by the Processor. In addition, the Financial Aid Office reserves the right to request verification of additional applicants with questionable or conflicting information.
If selected for verification, the Financial Aid Office will send written notification and a Verification Worksheet within 10-14 days from receipt of the Student Award Record. Students must submit all requested documentation within 10 days from the date postmarked on the verification notification letter. Each person who entered financial information on the FAFSA must submit signed copies of their recent income tax return and W-2 wage and tax statements. A copy of the Verification Worksheet is available on the NewLife Technical Institute website.
No federal financial aid will be awarded until verification is completed, discrepancies are resolved, and the necessary corrections are submitted and processed by the US Department of Education.
Guidelines for students completing the verification process:
- Collect all applicable financial documents, federal income tax forms (signed), W-2 forms etc.
- Carefully observe verification deadlines.
- Complete all sections of the Verification Worksheet.
- Sign the Verification Worksheet.
- Keep copies of all documents submitted during the verification process.
- Do not send anything except the FAFSA to the Federal processor. Save valuable time, direct any questions to the Financial Aid Administrator.
- The Financial Office will review your verification information and make necessary changes. These changes may include (but are not limited to): adjusted gross income, income taxes paid, untaxed income, household size or the number of family members enrolled in college.
- Once the entire process is completed, the Financial Aid Office will issue you an Award Letter which details your eligibility for federal and institutional aid.