NewLife does not accept individuals for the ASD program unless there is a reasonable chance they will succeed in the program. In order to assess whether a candidate is likely to succeed, he/she must meet the following admission criteria:
- - Have a high school diploma or GED;
- - Successfully complete a basic math and Computer Battery Aptitude tests*;
- - Must successfully complete interviews by a team of NewLife representatives; and
- - Must agree to remain free of illegal substances.
The tests administered in the admissions process cover a broad range of topics and are designed to identify candidates most likely to succeed in the training as well as the profession following training. There are no application or testing fees to apply for the program.
* Pennsylvania students must also complete a reading comprehension test indicating at least a 12th grade reading level.